Tech world is surprising us every day! After discussing IBM & Red Hat benefits in our last blog, today we are going to discuss another milestone collaboration and that is the collaboration of Citrix & Microsoft. At the recent Microsoft Ignite event, the two companies announced that Citrix is becoming a Microsoft Direct Cloud Service provider. This means that customers can buy Citrix Workspace cloud solutions using Microsoft 365 licensing that includes Azure capacity, all within the Azure Marketplace.
Citrix Systems is an American multinational software company that provides application, server, and desktop virtualization, networking, software as a service. Citrix transfers the solutions of people-centric that power a better way to work by offering secure apps and data on any device, network or digital workspace. This server avails Microsoft Terminal Services or RDSH and VDI. While there are multiple elements convoluted in a Citrix virtualization infrastructure, it is available in two main editions, XenApp and XenDesktop.
XenApp is the central product that is used for flawless application delivery, while XenDesktop extends the proficiency to publish VDI desktops. Both of these products are capable of securing applications and data by delivering virtual resources to users based on location and device-specific security configurations.
Citrix’s product extends the line in three branches: Workspace, Networking and Analytics. The company once offered remote access products under the Xen brand until underwent a major rebranding in May 2018 days following its annual Synergy event.
Content Collaboration is Citrix’s file sync and sharing product, helping businesses share content on-premise and in the cloud with other collaborators such as colleagues and clients. Here’s more information about the joint services that will be available:
- Substantially, this allows customers to save time between the production and purchase since we won’t have to complete multiple transactions to use these solutions together. The United solutions will also be available through Citrix Solutions Advisors and service providers for both Citrix and Microsoft. Customers can purchase and provision their virtual desktop directly within Azure and do so in just a few hours. Citrix has also been named as a preferred partner for Azure Virtual WAN.
- The first cloud service that will be conveyed as a joint effort between Citrix and Microsoft as part of this collaboration is a Desktop as a Service (DaaS) product, which is integrated with Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop. So Citrix Networking will offer deep unifications for organizations that want to automate onboarding or network scaling for new locations. For example, Citrix SD-WAN can help a new branch office employ a bring-our-own-network approach to redistribute a high-quality WAN service instead of relying on the outdated Telco provisioning model.
- The Citrix and Microsoft collaboration allows companies to realize the partnerships and communications benefits of Office 365. Customers can take advantage of an optimized Skype for Business empiricism delivered with the high security of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environments.
The customers expect from this collaborations:
- The integrated capabilities coming from Microsoft and Citrix will deliver the consistent experience for users no matter what kind of device is being used (PC, tablet, phone, etc.) and individualistic of how the apps are being delivered (native or remote). Users simply justify everything they need to be productive.
- Securing company data is one of the primary apprehension why customers deploy Microsoft and Citrix solutions today. Whether it is setting security policies on PCs/mobile devices, verifying the user identity, hosting apps and desktops in the datacenter, or separating corporate things from personal things on all devices – securing corporate data is one of the primary aims for every enterprise. The integrated plots from Microsoft and Citrix will deliver a consistent set of management and security settings (that IT loves) that have been engineered into the solutions to help guide the user in very natural and inconspicuous ways (which end users love). The depth of scenario-integration clarifies what IT must do to deliver a secure and user-friendly working experience.
Customers have been clear with both Citrix and Microsoft. We want to absorb Cloud services that we keep secure and up-to-date so that we can focus on our business. We think we’ll be excited with what they’ve built, and really thrilled about what’s on the way.
MICROSOFT TECHNICAL Training @ Right Attitude:
CITRIX Training @ Right Attitude:
For more information about the tech world keep eyes on Right Attitude. Therefore, Right Attitude.